Wednesday, March 18, 2009

March Madness

It's that time of year again. I never really watched alot of sports until my Freshman year at BYU; When you live in a dorm apartment with 5 other guys ESPN is on 24/7. Then everyone went on missions and my televised sports watching went back down to normal with an exception for BYU Athletics, the Olympics, and Figure Skating. Yeah, that sounds pretty femme-y, but it's a guilty pleasure.

Back to March Madness, I always fill out a bracket each year, but I haven't really watched alot of games. Last year I think the BYU v. TAMU game was one of the only games that I watched. I really only filled out a bracket because work was giving gift cards to the winners of the office pool. I was winning up until the final four.

Anywho, I filled a bracket out again this year and because it is Spring Break and I don't have a job, I can actually watch alot of the games! I don't know what it is about this year, but I got back in to college basketball. I mean the game where Syracuse won after 6 OTs! and then went on to win the next game! That's what college ball is all about. I hate almost all pro-sports because it's a bunch of overpaid, overhyped, steriod using, womanizing, felonious men stroking their egos. College ball, like the Olympics, is more about pride. Yes, you get like $10,000/medal from the USOC, but it's about national pride ala Michael Phelps, Kerri Strugg, Michelle Kwan, Tara Lipinski, Nastia Liukin, Shawn Johnson, etc.

I'm excited to see what cinderella stories come out of this year's tournament, like the Davidson team from last year. I think one will definitely by Mississippi State.

I don't really know what the point of this post was, but here's my bracket. Let's hope it doesn't get busted. Go Memphis!

1 comment:

  1. You don't always have to have a point for a post. Although this one was to entertain me while I eat breakfast.

    ReplyDelete