Monday, March 16, 2009

Grad School is the Cure for Depression?

I am trying really hard not to get depressed about being rejected on some internships, but it isn't working. I've sulked and last night and all day today I started changing my life plans. It isn't that easy to change though because I am We and We have to decide things together.

For the moment, I really want to go to Grad School.

"But, Chris," you say, "why would you want to set yourself up for even more rejections?"

I have no idea, but I do know that I want to do something with my life. I really want to make policy. I want to be Josh Lyman or Sam Seaborn or CJ Craig.

Anyways, Grad School kinda throws a wrench in the plans that We had made previously. Plus it will cost a fortune. However, not getting an internship really threw a wrench into the plans anyways.

I am supposed to be writing a story for my magazine writing class and I can't. I just can't. There's this feeling of failure looming over me. Apparently, I'm not qualified to make copies or coffee. I can't answer the phone or answer correspondence. I really don't understand it.

My whole life has basically been politics since high school. Legislation puts most people to sleep, but it excites me, and now I get told that I'm not good enough to sit back and watch it happen.

I have to write a crappy article now so that I can pull a B. December cannot come fast enough.

1 comment:

  1. Love the title of this post - I've definitely thought the same thing.

    You ought not give up on internshipping though. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete