Tuesday, February 10, 2009

New Music

So I watched the Grammys on Sunday and it was pretty boring. They give out like 5 awards on TV and the show lasts 3.5 hours. It's basically a concert, and a boring one at that. Shining through all of the Grammy crap were Adele, who performed, and Duffy who presented. Both were nominated for awards and Adele won 2, best females vocal performance and best new artist.

They both have these unique voices and amazing jazz styling, but they are very different from each other. I had heard both of Duffy's songs on the radio and in retail stores (you know the muzak playing while you shop), but didn't know who she was. Adele I had seen perform on SNL but because I didn't know her I really didn't listen. Man, did I miss out. Here are two videos of Adele and Duffy with their most known singles, but you should check them out because their albumns go much deeeper.

Adele- Chasing Pavements, the video is awesome too.



Duffy- Mercy



I'm not a music expert or connoisseur, but I know what I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment