Monday, April 27, 2009

Longest Week of My Life

I haven't written on my blog in a long time. Thankfully, this semester is almost over. I just have a project and two more finals. Then it starts all over again.

This past week has been one of the longest weeks ever.

It was my last week of class and I had a gazillion assignments due, including a 3000 word magazine article. Then my in-laws started trickling in on Tuesday.

Wednesday I went shopping with my mother-in-law who I had to teach how to wear color. Almost everything that she buys for herself is black, white, or gray so when she comes out here she makes me pick out her clothes. Then while everyone else went to Tucano's, I started writing my magazine article. I got about a third of the way done before I had to change and pick up Randi at work to go to her cousin's wedding at the Mt. Timp Temple. Then I raced back and borrowed my sister-in-law's car to go to the PR Firm's BBQ. It was pretty lame, so I left right after they annouced the winners and came home.

I stayed up Wednesday night until about 2am finishing my article. Had a few people read over it in the morning and then started the day. Our printer doesn't work with our Macs so we have my old Dell Laptop that we print from. I went to turn it on and - nothing. No power. It was dead. I tried pluging it in and.... nada. It went to Dell Hell.

So I had to race to campus and print at a lab before class started. I got to a lab and of course there were no open computers! Thankfully I spotted a friend who was willing to let me print. I dropped off my paper and skipped my next class so that I could make it to Randi's graduation. The doors opened at 2. Since it was in the Marriott Center and the seats are extermely uncomfortable (that's why you stand at sporting events) we didn't want to go too early. Half our entourage walked with Randi and the other half took the bus a little later with me. Our seats were waaaaaaayyyy up at the top where we could barely see anything except the Jumbotron.

The graduation processional and recessional were painfully long, but the speakers were short and sweet. I love President Uctdorf's talks and his voice is soothing. So soothing that some people were dozing off. We took some pictures after sorting through 6,192 graduates to find Randi.

We went to the Brick Oven afterwards and met up with Randi's paternal grandpa and his lover. I really don't know what to call her since they aren't married. He picked up the tab for ten people though. Apparantly he feels the need to impress people. Then we played a giant game of catchphrase and had an impromptu variety show. I stayed up late learning a new song for my callback. It wasn't that great.

Friday morning we had to getup early for Randi's Convocation that was at 8. It was over by 9:20 and we took some more pictures. We raced home and I went to my callback. The guy before me sucked, then I sucked, then a girl was amazing and then another guy sucked. We went to Wal-mart after the audition to get a wedding present for Randi's cousin.

Randi really wanted to have a BBQ so she could have her Dad's burgers and her Mom's pasta salad. We spent a few hours preparing for the BBQ and I studied for a WWII Final. There was a domestic spat between parents before we traipsed up the canyon to Nunn's park and it just kept getting colder and more windy. The grills were disgusting so we covered them in Tin Foil.

Racing back down the canyon I changed and got dropped off at campus in time for my Final, while everyone else went to the wedding reception. After doing worse than I wanted on my Final I took the bus home and cleaned up the pigsty that has become my apartnent from ten people living in it. I had a Sonic Blast and then we all went to Comedy Sportz.

How did we manage to fit two days worth of stuff into Friday? I will never know.

Saturday was left eventful with lunch at Tucano's, a screening of State of Play, and dinner at the Chinese Buffett.

Sunday I woke up at 4 to take Randi's Mom to the airport and then I had to go back to the airport to take her Brother at noon.

I seriously am exhausted and my apartment still isn't clean.

1 comment: